To all you in Blog land, have you heard of this?
My extensive Googling skills tell me that it’s a chain-letter-like thing where bloggers nominate other bloggers and there is no winner and no one can decide on a logo. However! I am so incredibly thrilled that someone, anyone, thinks my little ol blog is cool enough to make their list. Aw, shucks, guys! Big ups to my girl Becca at The Dabblist (seriously go check her out) and Quinoa, Kale & Exhale for including me on their lists. Since this is a great way to get out there and link up to other bloggers, I am super happy to participate!
This whole crazy process includes answering 11 questions and then “nominating” 11 other blogs. I compiled my fave questions from the two girls to answer and since some versions call out 5 or 7 questions, I cut mine down.
1. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
Sushi 4 evaaaah
2. How do you de-stress from a hectic day?
VINO! And also barre class. Preferably vino AFTER barre class.
3. Why did you start your blog?
I wanted an outlet to share my experiences embracing my new gluten free lifestyle. I found that I was talking about it so much, and sharing with friends, coworkers and family, that a blog would be a great resource! Plus, it gives me an opportunity to improve my photog skills and inspires me to be more creative in the kitchen
4. Last meal on earth – what are you having?
Two Amy’s Margherita Pizza (I don’t have to worry about gluten if it’s my last meal, right?) and the most expensive red wine I can find. Dessert is champers with cookies and cream ice cream. (The kind with the big CHUNKS of Oreo cookies, none of this crumb business)
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
Major tie between Daniel Craig and Bradley Cooper (now I’m blushing)
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
I have too many. Watching crap reality TV, vanilla frosting on graham crackers, Lifetime movies, Instagramming pics of my dog, this one could go on forever…
7. What do you want less of in your life?
The urge to eat till I’m stuffed up to my neck?
And now my list! I’m not naming 11 (if that is the reason I don’t “win” this, come onn) but these are all friends or blogs I admire and who have made me laugh, shared a recipe or created dialogue with me.
1. Molly at Paprika & Pinot – She’s inspired me to expand what I thought I like when it comes to wine.
2. Julie at Learn, Live & Explore – for inspiring us all to be a little more courageous and igniting the desire to travel.
4. Amanda at Celiac & Allergy Adventures - for being the first Internet friend to comment on my blog
5. Gluten Free, Gimme Three – a fellow DC girl who has indirectly given me a slew of new restaurant recos
If any of the above want to participate in this link party, here are a few of my Qs for you! I also answered some of these myself. Am I messing this up? Who can keep track. Carry on, kids!
1. Pick one – expensive makeup or expensive shoes?
2. Food you wish had 0 calories
3. If you had $1 Million and couldn’t donate a cent or invest a penny, what would you do? (Bonus points if you guess what movie I’m referencing here)
4. Your pen name (Childhood pet + Street you grew up on. I’m Cookie Cherry Lane if you’re wondering)
5. Default fave ice cream flavor
6. Name one thing you discovered in your adult life that you never thought you would do/like when you were a kid.
7. Name the blog that inspired you to start blogging. Mine are:
How Sweet It Is – for food styling, photos and general awesomeness in recipe development
Young House Love - the king and queen of DIY
Bower Power – a DIY blogger whose writing tone is so similar to the way I narrate my life in my head, I feel like we’re friends
These sites are too big and awesome to know who I am, but they’re both super inspirational for little baby bloggers like me :)
Ps – I’ve hit 40+ posts which is a major milestone for me! Thanks for reading! xoxo